Friday, July 23, 2010

History and Fiction

Sorry I haven't been posting, but I now have a few followers (I hope), so I've decided to start posting again. Last night, I was very fortunate to attend a lecture by Alison Weir on her new novel, Captive Queen at the Margret Mitchell House in Atlanta. Very cool. I now have two signed books by Alison Weir. And I'm not selling!

Also (I should probably post this on Facebook as well), I want to be a writer when I grow up-mainly nonfiction, but also historical fiction-and I hade an idea on a novel set in Tudor England, with a team of three men in their twenties (Daniel Thresk, James Fraser, and Lionel Mortimer), who go around the country solving mysteries and destroying plots of treason. Wondering if anyone had a comment on that.

As for nonfiction, I'm writing a article on Richard the Lionheart's military reputation, and I think my attention will remain on the Devil's Brood for a while.

No comments: